Print your insurance documents immediately. Based in the UK, with phone support. Free legal cover with every policy. Make policy amendments online, any time.

Frequently Asked Questions

Quote now

Frequently Asked Questions

You're in the right place! We've put together the most frequently asked questions by our customers - start by selecting a topic below.

  • Accidents and Claims
  • After a car accident, I had my car repaired at a body shop my Insurance Company referred me to, but I'm not happy with the work that was done. Is there anything I can do about it?

    Yes, firstly you should contact the repairer in question and tell them of the problems you are experiencing; they should make arrangements for your vehicle to go back to them for the work to be rectified. If you are still not happy you can contact your claims handler Ė for claims prior to 4th October 2010 this will be our claims department on 0844 888 5001. For claims after this date, contact ULR Norwich on 0344 381 4461.

    Do I get a courtesy car if I have an accident?

    This depends on a number of factors. You must make a claim through your own policy and have comprehensive cover. You would then receive a courtesy car providing you use the approved repairer, subject to availability and only for the duration of the repairs. If your vehicle is written off, a courtesy car would not be provided.

    How do I make a claim?

    Should you need to make a claim please contact our claims handling service operated by ULR Norwich on 0344 381 4461. The lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Their specialist team will guide you through the claims process from start to finish.

    I have received third party correspondence, what should I do?

    For claims reported after the 4th October 2010, correspondence should be forwarded to ULR Norwich;

    Flux Direct Motor Claims
    PO BOX 141
    NR3 2JJ

    For claims reported prior to this date, correspondence should be forwarded, unanswered, to us. Should we have any questions or requirements we will contact you upon its receipt.

    Claims Department - Flux Direct
    East Winch Hall
    East Winch
    Kings Lynn
    PE32 1HN

    I've just been in an accident. How will the Insurer arrange the payment for repairs to my car?

    Your Insurer will arrange payment direct with an approved repairer or garage of your own choice. Costs are agreed before work is authorised and you would be expected to pay your policy excess directly to the garage once repairs are complete. If you are claiming using your legal cover you may be able to claim back your excess but should discuss this with your claims handler.

    If I need to use Legal Expenses Cover are there any additional costs other than the annual premium?

    No, there are no costs at all as the Legal Expenses Policy is free of charge and will cover all costs for assistance in claiming from a third party up to a limit of £100,000 for claims from 4th October 2010. Claims before this date had a limit of £50,000.

    What should I do if I've just had a car accident?

    Exchange full details with any other party involved ensuring you note their registration number and then contact our claims handling service operated by ULR Norwich on 0344 381 4461 . They can be contacted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

    Why do I have to pay my excess if an accident is not my fault?

    If you have to make a claim from your policy then your excess is payable. You may be able to reclaim this, depending on the circumstances. Your claims handler will advise you how to proceed and whether you should be able to reclaim your excess.

    Will I be supplied with a courtesy car while my car is being repaired?

    Yes, however this is subject to you using your Insurance Company's approved repairer and subject to availability for the duration of repairs only. In a non fault incident, you may wish to claim using your legal cover. You may then be able to use a hire car and claim back any costs for this from the third partyís insurer.

  • Cancellations
  • What do I need to do to cancel my policy?

    Please call us first so that we can provide you with an estimated cancellation refund. Some policies do not allow any refund upon cancellation. Normally it is more cost effective to keep your policy running. If you wish to cancel your policy, your Insurer will only cancel the policy from the date the received the return of your instructions and your policy documents including the Certificate of Motor Insurance. Please accompany these with a covering letter providing your reason for cancellation.

    What will I be charged if I cancel my policy within 14 days of receiving my policy information?

    If you cancel within 14 days of receiving the policy information you will only be charged our policy set up administration fee and the Insurance Company's minimum charge for the time you have had on cover. These charges vary depending on the Insurer. Call our customer service line for more information.

  • Contacting us
  • What do I do if I have a complaint?

    We are committed to providing a quality service and achieving the highest standards of conduct. One of the ways in which we can continue to improve our service is by listening to the views of our customers. We aim to ensure that:

    1. making a complaint is as easy as possible;
    2. we treat as a complaint any clear expression of dissatisfaction with our service which calls for a response;
    3. we treat all complaints seriously;
    4. we deal with it promptly, politely and without unnecessary delay;
    5. we respond in the right way ? for example with an explanation or an apology where we have got things wrong, or information on any action taken etc;
    6. we learn from complaints and use them to improve our service.

    You can contact us by:

    • Phone: 0344 381 6530 Monday to Friday, 9am to 5:30pm (excluding bank holidays)
    • Email:
    • Writing to:
      Customer Care Manager
      Flux Direct
      2 The Causeway
      Bishops Stortford
      CM23 2EJ

    Upon receiving your complaint we will:

    1. acknowledge receipt within 5 working days;
    2. if resolved with you within 3 working days send you a summary resolution confirmation;
    3. provide you with the name and job title of the person dealing with your complaint;
    4. within 4 weeks of receiving your complaint, send you either a final response or provide you with an update on progress and confirm when we anticipate being able to make further comment;
    5. within 8 weeks from the date your complaint was received by us, either:
      1. provide you with our final response;
      2. where this is not possible, you will be advised of the action that is outstanding and when you can expect to hear from us again and who you should contact in the meantime.
    6. If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint or have subsequently decided that you are dissatisfied with a resolution, you may refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service on the details below. We would like to take this opportunity to advise you that they are not able to consider your complaint until you have first attempted to resolve it with us.

      Financial Service Compensation Scheme (FSCS): We are covered by the FSCS. You may be entitled to compensation from the scheme if we cannot meet our obligations. This depends on the type of business and the circumstances of the claim. Insurance advising and arranging is covered for 100% of the first £2,000 and 90% of the remainder of the claim without any upper limit. Further information about compensation scheme arrangements is available from the FSCS website

  • MyFluxDirect
  • Can I add a driver on my online account?

    You can't add a driver online, but our customer service team will be happy to help you.
    You can view the current drivers on your policy by clicking on the 'Overview' section. This also shows your cover, the expiry date of your policy and other policy details.

    Can I download my certificate?

    At the moment, you can only download your policy booklet, however, we will be adding this option in the future. Your policy booklet can be found in the 'Overview' section under 'Cover Details'

    Can I get a quote for a second car online?

    If you're looking to add a new car to your policy (rather than replace your current car) you will need a new quotation. For convenience, our sales team can call you back Ė simply click here to request a call. They may be able to arrange a multi car policy. If the offices are closed (after 7pm in the week, after 4pm Saturday and all day Sunday) you can enter your details here and we will send you a quotation. Itís best to speak to our sales team in this case though, as you are an existing customer and we can look at any additional discounts or the multi car option.

    Can I get a quote for changing my vehicle?

    You canít get a quotation for a change of vehicle on your online policy. To do this, call our change of vehicle team and by speaking to them in person, we will be able to find the most competitive policy that suits your needs.

    Can I still talk to someone?

    Yes of course. The MyFluxDirect account is designed to help you get paperwork or documents to us conveniently, however, our customer service team are also available for any queries you may have or to help you with your forms.

    Can I view who can drive my car?

    Yes, in the 'Overview' section under 'Insured Parties'. This shows the drivers named on your policy.

    Does MyFluxDirect work on a mobile device?

    You should be able to use a mobile device to upload and complete your forms. Please let us know if you have any problems doing this.

    How can I delete something Iíve uploaded?

    If you havenít clicked the submit button yet, the item you have uploaded should have a bin symbol on it. Simply click this to delete it. If you have already clicked the submit button, the file will be on its way to our administration team. If you want to submit a different document in its place, you can either call our customer service team or send it via email (with your reference number) to

    How do I get a password?

    If you donít have a password, you can request one from our customer service team, whose details you can find on this page. It will be sent to the email address that we have on your policy and takes less than 10 minutes. You can simply click on the link in the email and enter your details and password and will then have the chance to enter a new, more memorable password.

    How do I get access to my policy online?

    If you already have a password, simply go to the ĎMyFluxDirectí section on our homepage or click here. You can access policies taken out here too. You can log in using your email, date of birth and password. You can request a new password if you have forgotten it.

    If you donít yet have a password, call our customer service team who can send one to you by email.

    Iíve completed my paperwork online, when will I hear from you?

    Your paperwork will be processed by our administration team. They will send you confirmation that all of your paperwork has been processed and that your policy is complete. If there is anything else needed from you, they may call you, or send you an email to explain. If you elected to receive your correspondence in writing when you took the policy out, they will write to you with any further requirements if you canít be contacted by phone.

    Whether your forms are complete or not, we will always contact you to let you know.

    If you would like to change your method of correspondence to email rather than written, you can email us at (make sure you email us from the address we hold on file) and simply state that you would like all future correspondence to go to you via email.

    My paperwork wonít upload.

    If something you are uploading doesnít show the progress bar moving, please try to remove the item by clicking on the remove all link. If you have other items to upload in the same section, you can still click submit, however the item that hasnít uploaded properly would not be submitted.

    Please ensure that the file is an acceptable type (such as a word document or jpeg).

    The website isnít working, what can I do?

    If you are having problems logging in or encountering errors, contact our customer service team who can help you, or report the problem to our webmaster (

    What can I do online?

    You can view your policy details, such as cover, drivers, your personal details, policy excesses, download your policy booklet, complete your agreed value form, upload photographs, see if any paperwork or forms are outstanding and complete them online, link to your Premium Credit account (for our clients who pay monthly) and update your email address or password.

    By managing your policy online and completing or sending any paperwork that we need from you, you can avoid delays caused by the post, and the inconvenience of having to post things to us.

    In the future you will be able to download your certificate and schedule and make payments too.

    What do I do if Iíve forgotten my password?

    You can simply go to the log in page by clicking here and can request a new password. You will need your customer reference as well as your date of birth and email address. A new password will be emailed to you with a link to log back into your policy.

    Where can I view my policy booklet?

    Your policy booklet can be found in the 'overview' section under 'cover details'.

  • No Claims Bonus
  • Can I use motorcycle or commercial No Claims Bonus on a car policy, or vice versa?

    As a general rule, the type of No Claims Bonus that you use on a policy must be the same as the type of vehicle that you are insuring. So, motorcycle NCB would not be acceptable on a private car policy, or commercial NCB would not be acceptable for a motorcycle policy.

    The underwriters like to ensure that you have experience on the type of vehicle that you are insuring.

    If you only have a type of NCB that is different to the type of vehicle you want to insure, please discuss this with us when getting your quotation. We may be able to find a suitable policy for your needs and driving experience.

    Can I use No Claims Bonus that I earned outside of the United Kingdom?

    We need to know what country your NCB was earned in as it can affect your quotation. The majority of underwriters will accept NCB only from the United Kingdom. We do have some schemes where we can accept NCB from other selected countries, so it is important that we are informed of the origins of your NCB before you accept the quotation. We can then make sure you have the right policy for your driving experience.

    If the NCB is not from the United Kingdom but you have told us that it is, you would either have to pay an additional premium or your policy could be cancelled.

    Can I use someone else's No Claims Bonus?

    In the majority of cases, the NCB that you use to gain a discount on your policy with us must have been earned on a policy in your name. If the policy was in someone else's name, but you were the named driver, you would not have earned your own NCB. You may qualify for an introductory discount instead, so please let us know if this is the case when you are getting your quotation.

    Very occasionally NCB can be transferred to another person, however, you would need to discuss this with the quotations clerk who is dealing with your quotation prior to you accepting the policy. This is not common practice though and would only be available is the underwriters of the policy agree.

    We advise discussing your NCB options in detail before accepting your quotation, so we can find the most appropriate policy for you depending on your driving experience.

    Do I need to send proof of my No Claims Bonus?

    If you have stated that you are using your No Claims Bonus then you will need to send us proof of this from your previous insurer immediately.

    I donít know how many years NCB I have.

    If you are unsure of how many years NCB you have, you need to speak to your most recent insurance company and ask for details. If you have more than one vehicle insured at a time, you can't add the two lots of NCB together to make additional years Ė they remain as two separate lots of NCB.

    My no claims bonus is being used on another car

    Some insurers will take this into consideration and allow an enhanced introductory discount.

    No Claims Bonus

    No claims bonus can only be used on one policy at the same time so ensure that your previous policy is either cancelled, or you have requested that the no claims bonus has been removed from the policy. In either case your Insurers should provide you with some proof as to your no claims entitlement, for example a renewal notice or a cancellation schedule. As long as they show your entitlement you can forward these onto us as your proof of no claims bonus. Alternatively, complete the form provided and we will attempt to contact your previous Insurers for the no claims bonus proof for you. If your quote was based on you having no claims bonus on your first vehicle please either provide written proof from your Insurers, or complete the form (as above). It is less likely that we will be able to obtain the proof verbally though, as your other policy will still be running.

    Proof of Company Car No Claims Bonus

    You may have had a company car for the last few years and this is your first policy 'on your own'. If this is the case, your no claims bonus would have been earned on the company car. We can allow a discount on our policies for this, but would just need to see proof from your company. This generally is provided in the form of a letter from the Insurers of the vehicle, or a letter from your Company stating the dates that you had the vehicle from and to, and that you had no claims during that time period.

    What does NCD stand for?

    This stands for "No Claims Discount"y. You earn a year's NCD for every full year of a policy in which no claims are made either by you or a third party. Some policies, such as classic car policies, are not based on NCD and so at the end of such a policy you would not have gained any NCD. Only the main policyholder earns NCD. NCD is also sometimes referred to as NCD - No Claims Bonus.

    When does my No Claims Bonus go out of date?

    If your NCB expired over 2 years before the start date of your policy, you generally cannot use it. Please ensure that you discuss this with us when getting your quotation, as an additional premium would need to be paid if your NCB cannot be used if your quotation was based on it being in date.

    There are some policies where NCB is not earned, but they will allow you to keep it up to date. If you are unsure about this, speak to the provider of the policy you had and ask. Of course, it is best to discuss your NCB options in detail before accepting your quotation, so we can find the most appropriate policy for you depending on your driving experience.

    Why do you ask for No Claims Bonus proof?

    NCB can allow quite a large discount as it shows a good driving history. This must be proven to allow the discount. Unfortunately, insurance fraud is on the increase and we want to protect our clients from price rises caused by it by verifying documents such as NCB, driving licences and other important information.

  • Paperwork and Documents
  • Agreed Value Forms and Photographs

    Agreed value forms are not essential to your policy. Without them, the policy will proceed on a 'market value' basis. Therefore it is beneficial for you to provide the forms, but the policy would not be cancelled if you do not send them. If you have been asked for more than one of the following, we require both (or all) of the forms in order to proceed with the agreed value. Photos - If we have asked for photos of the vehicle, they should be taken square on to the vehicle and make sure it is completely in shot. The Insurers need to be able to see the complete vehicle in order to agree the value you have requested. We also require shots of the engine bay and the interior. For some bigger vehicles, such as motorcaravans, it is better to take more than one picture of the interior. The photos also need to be of good quality with the vehicle clearly visible (for example, no disruption on the photo or no glare). Agreed Value Form - This is to be completed by you, and needs to be fully completed in order for the Insurers to agree the value you have requested. In the top section, make sure that all of the sections are completed. If they are not relevant, please write 'n/a' in the space provided. In the middle section, you need to specify the condition of various parts of the vehicle, and also detail any modifications and restoration work that the vehicle has had. Independent Valuation - This is to be provided by an independent source, such as an owners club. It should be on headed paper and state clearly who has provided the valuation and their qualifications.

    Can someone else sign my paperwork for me?

    Unfortunately as the main driver is the policyholder the forms need to be signed by them as this is who the agrement with the Insurer and ourselves is being taken out by.

    Direct Debit Agreement

    Ensure that you read the agreement thoroughly. If you complete the boxes with your card details, the balance of your agreement will be taken should you default on your payments. The form also explains that the policy will be automatically renewed next year, and that we would tell you the payment amount at least 21 days prior to your renewal.

    Do I need to state both my engine number and chassis on the modified vehicle report form?

    The modified vehicle report form will only need both the engine number and chassis number if there are engine modifications. If this is not the case then you can supply just either the engine number or the chassis.

    Driving Licence

    Please send copies of all drivers' photocard licences along with a driving licence check code.

    The Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) allows licence holders to share their driving record by generating a check code at Alternatively, you can call 0300 083 0013. To ensure we process your check code within the validity period, you can text it to 07909110013 along with your driving licence number.

    Please send copies of both sides of the photocards. If any have been misplaced, you can send screenshots of the webpage at your details, vehicles you can drive and penalties and disqualifications. If the driving licence was issued prior to the introduction of the photocard in 1998, and it is still valid, please send this.

    If you are concerned that you will not be able to send us your licence information in the time limit that we have set, please call our customer service department.

    If you do send us a licence with the incorrect address on your premium could be increased and we may also ask for additional documentation to certify your address. Your driving licence must show your current address by law. The DVLA will also fine you up to £1,000 if you have the incorrect address on your licence. To apply to change your licence online, click here. If your licence shows the wrong address please apply to correct it immediately, then send us copies of the updated licence when you receive it from the DVLA. The DVLA estimate on their website says that it will take up to three weeks to send you the new licence.

    I have received third party correspondence, what should I do?

    For claims reported after the 4th October 2010, correspondence should be forwarded to ULR Norwich;

    Flux Direct Motor Claims
    PO BOX 141
    NR3 2JJ

    For claims reported prior to this date, correspondence should be forwarded, unanswered, to us. Should we have any questions or requirements we will contact you upon its receipt.

    Claims Department - Flux Direct
    East Winch Hall
    East Winch
    Kings Lynn
    PE32 1HN

    I know my rough mileage, can I state that on the limited mileage form?

    The mileage given has to be as accurate as possible so that we can keep a record of the mileage used within an insurance year. If you cannot provide an accurate reading for this then you may be asked to produce copies of your MOT certificates.

    Limited Mileage Declaration

    If we have sent you a milage declaration, your policy has been arranged on a limited mileage basis. You need to provide the mileage of the vehicle from the beginning of the policy, and will be asked to provide the closing mileage when the policy renews or lapses. Should you change your vehicle during the policy, we would require the closing mileage on your original vehicle, and the starting mileage on the new vehicle. We would then calculate the mileage for both vehicles when the policy renews.

    Modified Vehicle Report Form

    The modified vehicle report form should be completed with all modifications to your vehicle. Ensure that you do tell us ALL modifications, as any non-disclosures could mean that a claim does not get dealt with, or extra premium is added to your policy. In extreme cases the Insurers could null and void your policy. Ensure that you complete the engine and chassis number, as your Insurers require these. Please also ensure that you sign and date the form on the second page.

    Proof of Owners Club Membership

    If we have asked you for this, a discount would have been allowed on your policy because you are a member of an owners club. If you have a membership card, please provide a copy of this. If you don't have a card, you can provide the name of the club, the membership number and the expiry date. If you are a member of an online club, we would preferably need an email from the administrator of the club to confirm you are a member, which states your full name.

    Security/Immobiliser Forms

    If your policy requires a certain level of security you would have been told this at the time of the quotation. A lot of vehicles have security fitted as standard; so if this is the case, tick the box on the form that states this. All you then need to do is sign and date the form. If your security is not standard to the vehicle, we would need you to complete the make and model of the security device. If you have a certificate of fitment, you could also send a copy of this in for our records. A Thatcham approved device may be needed - if you are not sure if your device is, you can contact us and we will be able to tell you. A Thatcham Category 2 device is an immobilising system; a Thatcham Category 1 device is an immobilising system with a linked alarm.

    Why do we ask for paperwork?

    Over the years, Flux Direct have insured thousands of vehicles for their owners. As a result of this we have built long-standing relationships with several insurance companies.

    When taking out a policy, you will often be asked to submit some or all of the following paperwork:

    • A copy of the driving licence for all drivers on the policy
    • A completed proposal form
    • A form detailing all modifications
    • Proof of your no-claims bonus
    • Photographs
    • A Security Declaration
    • Written confirmation of expected mileage
    • A Utility Bill
    • Further documentation (occasionally requested to support the policy)

    Unfortunately this additional paperwork does generate more work for you and us, but ultimately our customers benefit from our stringent quality control of new policies. This allows us to accurately underwrite the policy and provide correct cover and pricing, particularly should new information come to light of which we were unaware.

    Over the years we have successfully negotiated large discounts for our customers and have only been able to do this because of the quality of the business we provide to our insurer partners. It is vital that we protect these discounts enabling us to continue offering our customers fantastic prices on great products. This is why we have to ask for copies of the various documents we have listed.

    A few minutes of your time sending us the documents we have requested will therefore allow us to continue offering some of the most competitive rates found anywhere in the UK insurance market.

  • Payments
  • How can I pay?

    You can pay in full by any of these cards: Visa, Delta, Mastercard, Switch/Maestro or Solo. You can also take advantage of our credit plan by paying a deposit and spread the balance over 9 months by a direct debit from your bank account. This is subject to terms and conditions and credit checks may be required. Unfortunately we are unable to accept cheques.

  • Policy Terms and Additional Cover
  • Comprehensive Cover

    Comprehensive cover is the highest level of cover that you can get for your car and any damages and injuries arising from it. It usually goves you all risks protection but comprehensive policies differ a lot from provider to provider, so it's advisable to check the policy details. Some insurance policies cover accidental and windscreen damage, personal belongings and audio equipments or a courtesy car, but others keep premiums low by sticking to the basics. Comprehensive cover is recommended for cars for over £1000 in value and is essential for cars worth over £5000. New cars bought on finance have to have fully comprehensive insurance. Usually it covers:

    • Injuries to other people, including passengers
    • Damage to other people's property
    • Accidents caused by your passengers
    • Liability arising from the use of a caravan or trailer, while attached to the car
    • Fire damage and/or theft of your vehicle
    • Accidental damage to your own car
    • Personal accident benefit - certain amounts are paid in the event of the death or permanent disablement of the policyholder (and sometimes his or her spouse of family member)
    • Medical expenses necessarily incurred, up to a stated limit
    • Loss of or damage to personal belongings in the insured car, up to a stated limit

    Cover for Track Days

    Some of our policies provide an extension allowing you to use your vehicle whilst taking part in a marshalled track day for non-competitive events.

    Cover whilst abroad

    Most insurers include a maximum period for use abroad at no extra charge, the maximum is normally 90 days per period of insurance. Please note that whilst you are abroad your Insurers provide a reduced level of cover and not all of the policy cover/benefits are included. Cover is not available for all countries.

    Do I need Legal Expenses cover if I know a solicitor?

    Legal Expenses cover is always a benefit as although you may know a solicitor they may not specialise in Uninsured Loss Recovery. They would also possibly charge you for their assistance. The legal cover with your HIC policy is free of charge.

    How much cover does Legal Expenses Cover provide?

    In respect of each qualifying accident the sum of £100,000 for claims reported from 4th October 2010. Prior to this date the sum was £50,000 for each qualifying accident.


    All alterations to your vehicle since it left the manufacturers production line are treated as a modification. We specialise in insuring vehicles that have been modified and most modifications are acceptable, and many without any extra charge.

    Third Party Cover

    Third party insurance is the minimum level of car insurance required by law in the UK. It is the cheapest option and only covers you for liabilities to other vehicles if you cause an accident. It usually covers:

    • Injuries to other people, including passengers
    • Damage to other people's property
    • Accidents caused by your passengers
    • Liability arising from the use of a caravan or trailer, while attached to the car

    Third Party Fire and Theft Cover

    Third party fire and theft insurance works like third party but includes protection for your vehicle against any losses through fire and theft. It usually covers:

    • Injuries to other people, including passengers
    • Damage to other people's property
    • Accidents caused by your accidents
    • Liability arising from the use of a caravan or trailer, while attached to the car
    • Loss in the event of theft of your vehicle
    • Damage to your vehicle in the event of fire

    What does the Driving of Other Cars extension cover me for?

    This is not automatically included and you will need to check your Certificate of Motor Insurance to see if this extension has been provided. This extension of cover provides you with only limited cover and is provided by the Insurer for emergency purposes only. This extension of cover provides you with Third Party Only cover to drive another car that is not owned or registered to you, or on loan to you, or on hire to you. Also this extension only applies to the Policy Holder and not to any of the named drivers.

    What is an Agreed Value?

    An Agreed Value is available on Classic, Collectable or Modified Vehicles. Depending on the vehicle's condition the listed market value may not reflect the value that could then be reached if you were to sell the vehicle. If you have an agreed value and your vehicle is a total loss, then any offer will be based on the certified value rather than market value. For all agreed value policies, you will be required to supply several photographs and receipts of parts and labour costs for the work that has been done on your vehicle. We will review this and if agreeable we will issue you with an agreed valuation certificate.

  • Quotations and Mid-term adjustments
  • How can I reduce the cost of insurance?

    There are a number of discounts that could be available to you, they are:

    • Limiting your annual mileage
    • Inclusion of a voluntary excess - this will be in addition to any other excess
    • If you have a Thatcham alarm/immobiliser or tracking device
    • Restrict the driving to yourself or named drivers over 25

    My immobiliser is not a standard fit, how do I find out what is fitted on the car?

    We usually suggest you either contact the previous owner or dealer as they may have fitted it, or take the car to a garage to see if they can find the make and model.

    What information will I need to accept a quote?

    In order that we can process your application we will need to following:

    • Your registration number
    • Your payment method including your bank sort code and account number
    • Details of your previous insurer including their name and policy number
    • Your current mileage reading
  • Renewals
  • I think my policy renewal is due soon. Can I have my renewal price?

    We will send your renewal invitation, by post or email, around two weeks before the renewal is due. However, we can offer a price for your renewal up to thirty days in advance of the renewal date. This is to make sure that the price we give you will not change.

    I had requested for my cover to be lapsed, could I arrange another policy with you?

    Yes. It may still be possible for the proposed policy to be arranged. Even if it is not possible to reverse the cancellation, we can usually arrange an alternative competitive policy, suited to your circumstances. Call us on 0844 748 0012 for one of our dedicated specialists to do everything that they can to help you find the a suitable quotation.

    I have received a cheaper quotation elsewhere. Why re-insure with you?

    Your existing insurer may well be willing to reduce your premium if we can demonstrate that their rates are no longer competitive. We also have access to a wide range of alternative insurance schemes which give us the opportunity to beat the price of cheaper quotes on most occasions. Please call us with full details and our insurance experts will do their best to fulfil your insurance requirements for another year.

    With your details already on our records we are aware of your insurance needs and are in a good position to provide you with the service that you require. It is likely that you will have to spend less time arranging another policy with us and have to provide less documentation.

    I made a claim last year but I’ve got protected No Claims Bonus (NCB). Why has my price increased?

    We think it is very wise to have protected NCB if it is available. While it protects your NCB in the event of a claim, the insurer could still increase the premium, due to your recent driving history or other factors.

    If I take a new policy in the future, will I have to provide you with all my details again?

    As long as you can confirm that none of the previously supplied information has changed, we can simply use the existing details held on our records. It may also be possible to use some of the documentation that you have provided in the past, which will minimise any inconvenience to you. It is unlikely that you will have to experience all of the time consuming tasks associated with arranging a new policy.

    My circumstances have changed. Can I still renew my policy?

    With over 40 years experience in arranging insurance for every kind of vehicle imaginable ‚Äď and some you probably couldn't imagine - we have insurance schemes to suit most situations. Even if your current insurance policy is not suitable for your new circumstances, we can use our expertise to help you find a competitive premium and the most suitable alternative insurance scheme available.

    For example; if you have made a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN) on your vehicle you can still benefit from the peace of mind that our specialist laid-up schemes offer. Even when unused and parked in a garage, vehicles can be damaged by accident or by fire and can even be targeted by criminals.

    My vehicle was being covered on a classic policy. Should the level of No Claims Bonus (NCB) be nil?

    Under normal circumstances a classic policy will not earn NCB entitlement. A classic policy is typically identified as covering an older vehicle with restricted annual mileage.

    My No Claims Bonus (NCB) entitlement has been lost after a claim. Is this correct?

    Your NCB will be lost if a claim has occurred, for which your insurance company has made payments to or on behalf of you. It may, in some circumstances, be possible for the NCB entitlement to be reinstated if you agree to pay any costs and withdraw the claim.

    My No Claims Bonus (NCB) entitlement has been reduced after a non-fault accident. Is this correct?

    Possibly. Your NCB entitlement will be reduced if an accident has occurred, for which your insurance company has made payments to or on behalf of you. The entitlement will remain on the reduced level until they receive full reimbursement for the costs, typically from a third party's insurance company. It may be possible for the NCB entitlement to be reinstated in the event of a fault accident if you agree to pay any costs.

    My renewal premium includes a charge. What is this for?

    In addition to premiums charged by insurers, we make charges to cover the administration of your policies. For new policies and renewals, we charge up to £65.

    Our fees and charges reflect the costs of administering your policy and are reasonable when compared with other brokers and intermediaries. We have access to a wide range of insurance schemes which give us the opportunity to beat the price of cheaper quotes on most occasions. Our insurance experts may ask for full details of your quote in order to re-quote your renewal.

    Why are my old motoring convictions still on your records?

    Even if your motoring convictions have been removed from your driving licence, there are some insurers on our panel who may use convictions up to five years old to calculate a premium.

    It is similar with your claims history. While some insurers are only interested in claims from within the last three years, others may use claims up to five years old, regardless of whether the claim was made against you or another driver.

    By collecting full details of your claims and convictions over a five year period we can be sure that we are able to find you the best quote available from amongst the full range of providers on our panel.

    Why is my policy going to be renewed automatically?

    For many people it's convenient to relax knowing that they don‚Äôt have to worry about calling us to renew their policy. 

    It also makes it harder for our customers to inadvertently become an uninsured driver, with the consequent legal and financial implications that a conviction for driving without insurance will attract. Since Continuous Insurance Enforcement (CIE) was introduced in 2011, it is illegal to own a vehicle without it being insured, unless it is subject to a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN). This initiative was introduced to combat the high numbers of uninsured drivers. We wouldn‚Äôt want you to fall foul of the law for the sake of an honest mistake so our automatic renewal option helps to make sure there is no break in cover for you. 

    We will arrange the payment in accordance with our renewal invitation, which we send around two weeks prior to the renewal date by email or post. In the unusual event of there being a problem with your renewal, we will let you know in plenty of time.

    If your vehicle is declared SORN, why not enquire about one of our specialist laid-up policies. Even when unused and parked in a garage, vehicles can be damaged by accident or by fire and can even be targeted by criminals. Laid-up policies can be considerably cheaper than ‚Äėroad risk‚Äô policies.

    Not all policies can be renewed automatically. Please check your renewal invitation for more information on your own renewal.

    Will I have to pay any increased premiums if my No Claims Bonus (NCB) entitlement is reduced? 

    Yes. However, you will receive the appropriate refund if the NCB entitlement is reinstated. It may be possible, if a policy is arranged with us and we are certain that the entitlement will be reinstated, to make arrangements for an instalment plan so that you only pay the premium calculated on the reinstated entitlement.

    Will my No Claims Bonus (NCB) entitlement remain valid indefinitely?

    Under normal circumstances your NCB entitlement will become invalid if it remains unused for a set period of time. Where this is the case, you will not be entitled to any NCB thereafter. Each insurance company has a different time scale in which your NCB can be issued and will expire, but the majority will allow two years.

Thank you for requesting a callback from us.
We will be calling you back at